Role of an EKG technician is described below:
1. For these professionals, it is mandatory to have a good communication with the patients to explore their medical histories before they actually go on with a procedure. They are responsible to note down everything from their previous medical procedures to current medications that patients have been using.
2. EKG technicians need to position electrodes on the chest of the patient accurately in order to make sure that correct reading are achieved. This task must be performed with caution. Inappropriate positioning can deliver inaccurate results.
3. These professionals are also responsible to prepare the EKG room, setup the equipment, take electrocardiograms, and clean the room after performed session. There might be additional duties for technicians working in an emergency room.
4. In order to achieve the most accurate readings, EKG technicians use number of machines. They require using different switches on EKG machines and also make speed adjustments and inclines for treadmills machines, when using for stress tests.
5. Monitoring patients safely is one of the major responsibilities of these professionals. They need to monitor these patients safely and in an event of emergency, they need to remain prepared to perform CPR or other needed procedures. They also need to communicate effectively with the medical staff to provide best possible care to the patients immediately.
Demand of EKG tech’s are increasing at a rapid speed mainly because these jobs not just important in medical organizations such as hospitals and clinics, but in non-medical institutions as well.
It is extremely important for you to look for a reputable institute to complete your EKG training and accomplish the required certifications. Finish the training and take a step ahead towards your dream future. It is suggested that you should also ask for previous student’s reference to check out the quality of training they offer to their students.